Come negoziare e..come sapere quello che non avete mai osato chiedere sulle media relations
Due nuovi teleseminari PRSA.
Influencing and Negotiating Skills: From Deadlock to DealMay 5, 20053:00 p.m. ETDuration: 1 hourWhen you don't want to crack down, back down, give in or give up, it's time to influence with ease. Learn the rules and tools for getting your point across when you propose ideas and make agreements with co-workers, supervisees, bosses, vendors and the people you serve. If you have to deal with shrinking resources, difficult people and sticky situations - and who doesn't? - hone your skills for making a point without making an enemy. In this interactive workshop, attendees will participate in simulations and experiments, and get tips, strategies and guidelines for negotiating effectively and influencing others:
- Focus on fixing the problem, not the person.
- Figure out the interests behind the positions - yours and theirs.
- Take a stand, set limits and turn around negative energy.
- Come up with options that are easy for you to give yet valuable to others.
- Create "if . . . then" proposals for mutual gain.
- Use a seven-step method for introducing new ideas or work processes and getting them accepted.
- Set up the physical space so that you problem-solve instead of polarize.
- Disagree without being disagreeable.
- Respond strategically and fairly to unfair tactics.
- Practice Lynne's eight creative techniques for being more persuasive: The "Hot Fudge Sundae Rule," the "Barbara Walters Rule," the "Bill Cosby Rule," the "Fur Coat Rule," and more.You Will Hear From:Lynne Waymon is a nationally recognized expert on networking and negotiating. In her keynotes and seminars she gives practical strategies for promoting products and services, and for advancing careers. Lynne is president of Waymon & Associates since 1983. She holds a Masters Degree in Education from Florida State University and is certified in the MBTI and a Certified Mediator. She has co-authored several books on networking and has made more than 1200 presentations nationwide. She also received the prestigious 1998 Capital Award for Outstanding Speaking from the National Capital Speakers Association.Register Today!PRSA Member: $150Nonmember: $250Click here for registration details: http://www.prsa.org/_Advance/seminars/050505flyer.pdf
Media Relations 101: Everything You Wanted to Know, But Were Afraid to Ask!Sponsored by the PRSA New Professionals Affinity GroupMay 17, 20053:00 p.m. ETDuration: 1 hourMedia pitching. Press releases. Press conferences.Media relations can be overwhelming, but not when you have tips from the experts! Make your work count, from developing a killer headline to securing the interview. Our pros will offer advice on everything from "reporter etiquette" to following up with journalists on deadline. Participants will also receive writing tips for press releases and media advisories.You Will Hear From:
John Elsasser, editor, PRSA Tactics
Linda Odell, media relations manager, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
Tracey Parry, vice president, Airfoil Public Relations
Dr. Joe Trahan, moderator, international media relations trainer, Trahan & Associates; chair, PRSA Military and Public Safety SectionRegister Today!$25 PRSA New Professionals Affinity Group member$40 PRSA member $55 NonmemberClick here for registration details: http://www.prsa.org/_Advance/seminars/051705flyer.pdf